Monday, October 5, 2020

A Little Experiment This Weekend

 Hello everyone!  How was your weekend?  Weird times, huh?  Well, I decided to set up my booth at a local flea market just to see how things would go.  As I'm sure you all know, most all shows and festivals have been cancelled (sad, but understandable), so a bit part of my financial and social input was just gone.  I am definitely out of practice, but with Aaron's help, got it there and set up.  It was a beautiful, foggy then sunny New England day, so while not a waste of time, the rug hookers and fiber people just weren't there.  I did have some great conversations with patrons, and caught up with a couple of friends.  I had forgotten to grab breakfast before getting there, and one of my neighbors and her daughter came by, and save my life!  (if you're ever in Woodbury, CT, visit New Morning grocery store.  They have sandwiches that are divine)!





A little visitor that hung out with me, got a little drink of water from my bottle lid, and took off to do some shopping. 😄

 

This week will be a bit busy.  I've got a class this Sunday, October 11 at Maple View Farm in Orange CT.  It's from 10am to 1pm, and you'll get to learn a few basics of rug hooking and will take home a cute little fall pumpkin you can hang on your wall.  If you're interested in taking this class, contact Maple View Farm at 203-799-6495 and ask for Patti.  I think there's three or four places left.


 I've been lucky that one of my shows is actually happening! Roseland Cottage Fine Arts and Crafts Festival!  I vended there last year when I was lucky to be called up from the waiting list, and this year, I made it through the jury process and was invited back!  The artisans at this show are amazing, and the crew that put on this show are some of the hardest workers and nicest people I've met. 

 Roseland Cottage Fine Arts & Crafts - Saturday, 10/17   

Sunday, October 18th Tickets

They are doing things a little different, and all the details are at the above link. There's quite a bit of room on the field where the vendors are placed, and of course, don't forget your mask!! I'll be posting more about this show in the coming days, maybe give a little preview of what I'll be bringing! 

No comments:

Samplermaker