Thursday, January 20, 2022

Creative Block!

 The title says it all.....my brain has decided to lock into hibernation mode!  Now after chatting with our Wednesday hooking group, we all figured out that it's probably a combination of too much screen time and just being home.  Last year we didn't all have our fiber festivals, art shows, etc to go to (either vending or shopping), so I think I've exhausted any ideas.  

I have been hooking and wool dyeing as well as organizing my workroom and barn studio, but good grief, I'm tired of cleaning....lol.  On the bright side, I've got three events scheduled, and am going to start a Thursday Zoom hooking night on January 27th.  Here's the link    Thursday Night Rug Hooking   It will run from 6pm to 8pm, and feel free to drop in at any time.  

My 2022 events calendar so far is 

Oxford Historical Society Fiber Festival - April 9-10.  I'll add another post with the times and location.

Connecticut Sheep and Wool Festival - April 30th at the North Haven Fairgrounds, North Haven, CT.  Times to follow.

Quiet Corner ATHA Hook In - June 11th at the fairgrounds in Woodstock, CT.  This is a wonderful group of hookers, and their hook in fills up fast!  You can request  a registration form from Barbara Dexter @ cranberryglass1126@yahoo.com  They also have a Facebook page with more info.

I've also been filling up my Etsy shop - https://www.etsy.com/shop/Ravensgateprims  I am trying something new and added three listings of wool applique/penny rug bundles.  I have so many scraps from other projects as well as wool that just isn't conducive to cutting into strips for rug hooking.


Brown Bundle
Purple Bundle
Green Bundle
Texture Bundle

I've also added a few new kits, so if you're ready for a new project, or want to learn to rug hook, they would work great.  

Happy Hooking!!


No comments:

Samplermaker