Sunday, February 20, 2011

Work to do before boating season!

This winter hubby and I decided it was time to replace the floors on the first floor of our house. Our dream has always been wood floors, so we dove right in....we meaning he does the hard work and I stay out of his way! I'm helpful like that. We picked amber bamboo floor and have planned on doing a room at a time starting with the bedroom. With that finished, a new bed all set up, and the walls are still bare...filling the wall are my job..lol Here's a picture of the floors and I have to say I'm really happy with our choice!


The living room is next, and right now is a complete shambles!



The walls will be a lighter color and the floor is the same as the bedroom, so I'm pretty excited about it getting all done. Tomorrow I leave for a work trip so hopefully the painting will be done and the floor started by the time I get home.

On the crafty front, I've been knitting afghans for presents. I have six to do and they have to be done by June....once they've been gifted, I'll put up pictures of the afghans and the "giftees"...lol I'm sure they don't have a clue about my blog, but I don't want to take any chances. I have also drawn up an easter rug that I need to start hooking.



I could only fit the main pattern in the picture...it's a rectangle with a simple border and I'm planning on prim pastel colors. Prim to me, has always meant dark colors, but I'm trying to break out of my "color box"...lol I'll post pictures as I get it hooked.

Back to NASCAR and the Indy 500....always makes me hook faster...lol

No comments:

Samplermaker