Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What I've been working on!

The annual Harvest Moon Festival is coming up in September and I've decided to take a table yet again! This is a small fair that is held by our local Boy Scout troop every September, and I've vended for the past two years without much luck. This year I'm sharing a table with one of my neighbors, so I've been working on some things to bring. I came up with an idea of making hooked e-reader and iPad holders, and since I'm not a seamstress, it took quite a bit of trial and error! (oh, and getting another neighbor to help out with the sewing part..lol) I have three fails, and finally hit a good prototype on number four.


I hooked a simple flower and grabbed some scrap material. Everything's much darker than it looks in the picture and this is without the flash! There is some tweaking needed, and I've got two more hooked pieces on the frame ready to sew.

I need a top that will fold over and somehow latch closed, maybe a look over a fabric or wooden covered button. These will fit a Nook, and once I've got the pattern down, I'll start on a few for a Kindle and iPad.

2 comments:

annie said...

I like your pieces, hope you do well with the sale. Hope you get the money to help you troup!

Coon Hollow Farm said...

When is the show? and I am in love with the oak leaf and acorn! I may just have to come by the show and give it a home! Dawn ;)

Samplermaker