Here's my tv watching companion.....
After having so many free hours to hook and stitch, I've really decided to push myself to get my fiber business going again. I've let things slide since starting my current job a little over five years ago, and it's kind of made me a bit crazy. My dream would be to be able to afford to quit the day job and transition completely over to my fiber business. The only way to do this is to set goals that will get me moving. Also, putting them here, for all to see, should motivate me! This is actually something I'm "borrowing" from a blog I read religiously, http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/. Last year, Mavis put down her goals on her blog, and updated her readers each week on where she was on reaching those goals. Genius I say, so, here I go!!
GOALS FOR 2015
1. Declutter: After getting two rooms ready for a studio redo, I realized that I'm a bit of a pack rat! So I'm going to go room by room with a goal of at least two trips to Goodwill a month until it's done.
2. Finish studio remodel and second bedroom remodel: this is a goal that actually needs to be done by the middle of February. (company's coming)! My studio is right now in need of paint, new molding, and new carpet. The second upstairs bedroom needs paint, new molding, and new carpet as well as a guest bed. Here's a few pictures.
First bedroom being transformed into my studio.
Painter armoire. Love the green!
Second bedroom. See....pack rat extraordinaire!
3. Get my Etsy shop up and running. I will start with some wool bundles and expand from there.
4. Vegetable gardens. I have already sent out the seed order, so this one is already started. I will start all plants in the greenhouse.
5. Canning/Drying/Freezing garden bounty. Last year I did get a few things frozen and canned from our garden, but this year, I will do a much better job.
6. Learn to be a beekeeper. I am lucky enough to have a master beekeeper right next door, and he has offered to help me set up and learn how to be a beekeeper this year! (hope he doesn't mind a lot of questions)!
7. Chickens! I have picked out the chicken house, and will be ordering the coop and chicks for a chicken flock this year! So excited!
8. Bring lunch to work. I have spent way too money and gained too much weight from eating out at lunch five days a week. This year, I will plan meals and start bringing my lunch to work.
It's not too many goals, but I will post at least once a week about each goal and how I've worked on it. Maybe putting it out to the universe will help! Now that mine are done, what are your goals for 2015?