Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The New England Fiber Festival!

It is Tuesday morning and I have officially recovered from one of the best weekends I've had in a while!  This past Saturday and Sunday I was one of many great vendors at the New England Fiber Festival in West Springfield, MA.  While I was only able to get pictures of my booth (and my booth mate's English Angora rabbit Frankie), there are pictures all over the internet of the beautiful fiber-y goodness to be had!

My boothmate, Dawn Sotir from Coon Hollow Farm was kind of enough to share her booth with me, and we had a blast!  Next year we might even wear matching outfits! lol!  If you are looking for spinning advice, knitting advice, etc, she's your gal! 

This is Frankie.  He was absolutely the star of our booth!  

The rest of the pictures are of my booth from different angles as well as a couple of my larger rugs.   










This show was just wonderful!  Every person I met was so gracious and kind, and of course could chat about anything fibery  at the drop of a hat! lol  If you ever want to find a group of people that will always get along, look for the fiber people! 

I am sending a wave out to everybody that came by the booth and stopped to chat.  Talking to other rug hookers, from beginners to experts, is really wonderful and brought home that we all need more meet-ups!  In the next few weeks I am going to start looking at some dates and places in my area for next year to schedule some hook ins.  I will be sending out an email to let everybody know what is up and take any suggestions!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I always come home from shows on a cloud! The interaction is so stimulating and the people wonderful.
I'm glad yours was a success. I especially like your flower pot rug....sweet design.

Kerrie said...

It was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday, and great to hear you had a good time! Did you get a lot of interest in having a hook in?
~ Kerrie

Naomi said...

Thanks Darlene for the compliment on my rug. I bring it primarily as a show piece because I can't stand the thought of parting with it! I'm thinking maybe putting it as a pattern for sale will help...lol

Naomi said...

Hi Kerrie! I did get quite a lot of positive feedback on having a hook-in. My next step will be to get out a "before the holidays" newsletter with some proposed "after the holidays" dates and see what people think. I think maybe something fun during the winter doldrums to get people out of the house and do some hooking and visiting.

Samplermaker