Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hooking Bunnies and Ravens

I tend to draw larger designs.  Really, I try to do smaller rugs, mats, mug rugs, etc, but it just doesn't seem to work out...lol.  The runner I'm currently working on is pretty long, and while I don't have the measurements with me, the background in this picture took me almost two hours!  Luckily, Easter is quite a ways away!

Here's a few more pictures of the same runner so you can get an idea of what it's going to look like.  I think I'm going to offer this as a pattern in my Etsy store.  My first one!


Above is the other side, and below is a picture of my hooking the border.  I'll have to take a couple of better pictures tonight after I get home.

I also finished binding my Raven and Sunflower mat.  This one isn't so big, but I did try a new way to bind a rug called a show binding. You have to be more careful while sewing the strip of wool to the edge so that the stitches won't show, but it's much easier on your fingers than whip stitching with yarn.

 This is the front of the rug.  I do like hooking the background in straight lines for some rugs, but still like the look of motion when hooking around the objects on the rug.

Now showing a part of the binding.  

This weekend, I will do another dye run.  Haven't picked the color yet, but it's going to be great fun!  I'll definitely post pictures!!


No comments:

Samplermaker