Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Happy Tuesday!

 Ya'll, this weather is just heavenly!  I am a southern gal by birth, but I've lived in Connecticut for over 30 years and have fallen in love with fall.  It's so cool at night, I have to turn off the window fans, and even brought out the hoodies to walk Jackson in the morning!  

Yesterday and today has been about "office work".  That has a whole new meaning when you own your own business!  I would prefer to just be able to create all day, hooking rugs, making feather trees, whatever, but that's not possible.  Mind you, I'm definitely not whining, I'm happy and content being able to do what I love, but I just don't "love" the office work as much.  😉  I've listed some gorgeous spot dyes in my Etsy shop, and did some updates on Facebook. 

Ok, enough of that.....a couple of Sundays ago, Aaron and I went to a very cool place in Bridgeport called Mongers Market.  It's a huge warehouse owned by a couple that have an architectural salvage business, and it is full of just stuff!  It takes a few hours to walk through the entire thing, and in the back, they have some pretty cool vendors.  One of these vendors sells oriental rugs as well as has a cleaning service for the same kind of rugs.  As I walked past his booth, I noticed a bag of what looked like twine with some interesting colors, and had to look!



I think they are cotton twine waste from making rugs, maybe the warp on a loom, or leftover fringe waste.  Anyway, it was $20 for the whole bag, so I'll figure out what to use it for, and if you all have any suggestions, let me know!

In hooking news, I've been working on a Christmas rug that I'm honestly struggling a bit with.  In my head, the vibe was 40's atomic, space rocket but with Rudolph!  So Rudolph came out really well, and the letters, Rudolph Aviation, look pretty cool.  Then I started on the sleigh.....lol

Looks a little like a shark.  Honestly, I can't stop seeing a shark.


Yep, shark....with a weird fin.

As you can tell with the multiple sharpie colors, I was quite undecided on the sleigh.  I put it away for a couple of days, just so I don't make a wrong decision, but I think I'll pull it back out tonight, take out the existing shark/rocket, and reconfigure.  Wish me luck!

Have your best day!

 

Naomi


No comments:

Samplermaker