Thursday, February 11, 2021

A LIttle Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

 Hello everybody!

My week has been a little busy, but nothing mind-blowing.  I started dyeing wool for my Etsy shop and hopefully shows for 2021, finished decorating my February feather tree, and worked on my vintage rug repair.  I'll do a separate post on the wool dyeing tomorrow because I'll be back in the dye pots again.

February's feather tree came out pretty cute!  I made over 200 fabric yo-yos for the garland, and crocheted tiny hearts for each branch.



The fabric yo-yos are pretty easy to make.  I basically started at the beginning of the Hobbit movies, then moved onto Lord of The Rings trilogy, and....voila!  I do use what I call a "cheater" to make them, because I don't have the patience for making a template, cutting each circle perfectly, and sewing perfect, tiny little stitches.  This is what I use....Yo-Yo Makers


 I've already started thinking about how to decorate my feather tree for March/St. Patrick's Day.  Also, I make and sell goosefeather trees on my Etsy shop, and do custom sizes if interested!

My rug repair is going slowly.  I sewed the first patch down, and realized that I made the patch too small.  I will add another patch below the original one, and sew them together.  I re-hooked a few loops, and the original hooker definitely hooks tighter than I do.  No biggie, but it's pretty interesting to see the differences.  



 I'll do some more work on her over the weekend, and will have at least one patch sewn on and re-hooked.  The original wool is in great condition, but I can tell that the strips were cut from maybe some kind of clothing.  Most are a consistent width, but there's a few that are a bit wonky.  Hopefully I won't have to dye matching colors, but we'll see!

Check back in tomorrow for some beautiful hand dyed wool!



No comments:

Samplermaker