Monday, December 27, 2010

The Blizzard!

What a storm we had! The wind is still blowing, but the snow finally stopped around 7:30 this morning. It's tough to tell because of the drifts, but Aaron thinks we got about 15 inches in our area. Luckily we didn't lose power so everybody stayed warm and cozy and I worked from home (lucky me!) and made chicken and dumplings for dinner....YUM!! Here's a few pics.
Shoveling a "potty path" for the dogs!


Coming in after a few minutes at the beginning of the storm.
Aaron looking not to thrilled while shoveling!


My poor car after the storm. She usually lives in the garage but between putting in new floors downstairs and working to rebuild an old horse drawn sleigh, there's no room.


I knitted some after being done with work, but am going through some kind of creative block! Since I'm having this block, I'm going to try hooking a freebie doodle offered by another blogger. I really try to create my own patterns, but it's just not happening right now. I'll draw it up this week and pick colors. Hopefully I'll have some hooking pics to show here in the next couple of days! The blog is on my sidebar if you're interested in seeing her freebie doodles. http://birdinthehandprimitives-robin.blogspot.com/2010/12/first-freebie-doodle-of-new.html

Hope everybody is staying warm tonight!

No comments:

Samplermaker